Friday, February 19, 2010

Easter, $15 at the door please

So I'm not sure how I feel about the idea of charging to see an Easter Play...

I just have this weird feeling like, it's supposed to be shared, telling the story to people who need to see it in a certain light.  I did a lot of plays in High School and we charged for every one... but none of them had anything important to say, like "Free Life, come and get it."

I understand that plays cost money to put on, but feeding five thousand men costs money too... just saying

Tonight I realize that I am blessed to have grown up in a place where no matter what the cost, it's worth it for ONE person, if only one.  Do we have the best plays? I will tell you upfront that the answer is no.  But we are feeding a lot of people with what few loaves of bread we do have and a couple of fish...

I'm in no way downing any one who charges anything, I am in no place to judge any one, it's just my personal feelings... nothing more, nothing less.

1 comment: